Precision Cleaning Kit
Regular cleaning of your devices is one of the best practices of preventative maintenance to enhance their lifespan. Unfortunately, many of today’s electronics contain increasingly small connections, ports and other tight spaces. Through regular use, these areas of our devices collect dirt, lint and other contaminants. iFixit has assembled a group of helpful and practical tools to tackle cleaning hard-to-reach areas. These are meant to be reused, so keep them clean between projects.
- Spudger - an iFixit standard with many uses, great for scraping and picking.
- Halberd Spudger - Scoop out lint with the hook, or use the blade to clean tight spaces.
- Angled Tweezers - Useful for grabbing lint or debris from ports, but be careful not to damage the delicate pins within!
- DeoxIT D100L - Cleans tarnished or corroded electronic contacts, helps improve conductivity and protects against future corrosion.
- Cylindrical Brush - Plastic bristles and compressible, this brush perfect for scrubbing headphone jacks, USB ports, SD card readers and more.
- Medium Foam Tipped Swab - For swabbing or applying solvents to USB ports or ¼ inch audio jacks.
- Precision Foam Tipped Swab - Highly compressible, excellent for swabbing and applying solvents to small ports and connections.
- Precision Tipped Micro Brushes - Two different diameter brushes allow light scrubbing capabilities in tight spaces in all USB type ports, barrel jacks, lightning ports and so-on. Handle colors may vary.
- Small Detailing Brush - Small diameter light brush for dusting ports. A good follow-up tool after harder scrubbing.
- Plastic Pick and Brush Combo - For dislodging stubborn buildup from tiny ports like USB-C or Lightning. The brush side offers some light scrubbing abilities along with grabbing lint.
- Lint-Free Cleanroom Wipes - Best when used with some Isopropyl Alcohol to wipe off your tools after cleaning your device.